Thursday, November 13, 2008

How I met my Julian..

A little over two years ago I was working as the personal assistant to the President of the Niello Company but to be honest, I was bored most days because my boss was never in the office. I started bugging the Internet and Media director to ask for me to transfer to HIS department so I could work for him as a website photographer. I was finally able to transfer in December 06 and started going out to picture inventory on my own in January. This is when I first met Julian. He was working at Niello BMW, Sacramento and was one of the lucky people assigned to help me pull up cars that I needed for the website. He had been working there for a year or so and got the job only to be able to learn english faster. His family moved here from Romania at the end of 2004 and he had a cousin working at BMW at the time that helped him get the job. I would see him once or twice a week, whenever I needed to picture inventory at BMW. About 6 months went by and I noticed that I liked this Julian from Romania (Ive always had a thing for forigners). It took FOREVER for him to want to hang out with me outside of work but once he did...the rest is history! Well....not quite, actually.
We started "dating" by the end of July but it took a turn for the worst when he told me that his family didnt approve of him seeing me. They were apprehensive of the fact that I was older than him (2 1/2 yrs) and american, so...he told me that we could only be friends...ugh. I tried hard not to care and tried to "just be friends" but it wasnt working. I didnt want to give up and, eventually it payed off ;0

We continued to hang out "just as friends" but at the end of September I got a HUGE suprise. I was driving him home from work (his car was in the shop) and he just came out and told me he was in love with me! Wait, WHAT? Just like that? lolI was in shock but completely thrilled because I was falling for him too! He ended up telling his family and they were okay with it enough to "approve" of him and I dating officially.
It was a week AFTER that when we finally kissed for the first time! Yes....let it sink in....3 MONTHS WITHOUT kissing someone you like/love! Despite a shakey start, everything has been wonderful ever since.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute story i really like that black and white pic of you guys, i dont know if i have seen it before?
x

sheree said...

I like that black and white one too. Oh...I almost forgot...

"awwwwww."

lol

Tiffany said...

I just found that picture on my computer at home a few days ago. I like it too! Brit actually took it sometime over her summer break.

Gretchen said...

Sweet Story. Love the pictures, you two make a gorgeous couple.